Malindi Marine National Park is a beautiful slice of Kenya’s Indian Ocean coastline as it provides the perfect getaway, from swimming with zebrafish to windsurfing. Malindi Marine National Park is endowed with magnificent resources such as fringing reefs, coral gardens in the lagoons, seagrass beds, mudflats, mangroves, marine mammals, turtles and various species of shorebirds.
Tourists can enjoy plenty of activities in the area like glass-bottom boat rides, snorkeling, camping, and beach walks in this beautiful place. There are also other activities such as bird watching, diving, scenic walking, sunbathing and water skiing.
- Birdwatching – Bird enthusiasts have a great chance to enjoy Malindi Marine Park. They can visit the salt water lagoon known as Mida Greek. It is 20 kms from Malindi. There are a variety of birds to explore.
- Snorkelling – Visitors can enjoy a fabulous marine adventure by getting a boat to the off-shore coral formation. Best time for snorkeling is two hours on the low tide.
- Scuba Diving – It is one of the most popular activities in the park. Most sites are located approximately 20 minutes offshore by boat. Diving lessons are available and equipment is available for hiring.
- Sunbathing – Tourists can relax and chill under the sun and enjoy the sunset from the beach along with the cool breeze of the Indian Ocean.
- Fishing – Fishing is a limited activity at the island, but it can be done at the reserve. The ocean is very rich with various fish species and fishing gears are available.